Been thinking about the Kingdom of God for a while now, and a few thoughts have kind of haunted me.
- Although I understand the concept of pledging my allegiance to The King, I’m not so sure I’ve actually done it, or thought through the implications of what living it out will mean.
- I’m not so sure the nearness and availability of the Kingdom of God has made much difference in the way I live in my practical, day to day life. I still live for my own comfort and pleasure.
- I’m pretty sure that I use the ways and means of this world much more than I use the Kingdom ways and means.
- I’m not so sure that all my ends are Kingdom ends. They may just be my own ends dressed up in Kingdom language.
- I wonder if my lack of serious commitment to living out the Kingdom life is the root of my lack of joy, power, meaning, peace, love for God, and a hundred other things that don’t seem quite right.
- The Oswald Chambers quote, “Until we make this grand committal, all else is just pious fraud.” keeps coming to mind.